The setting where you can block websites for a time slot of your choice is a really great idea. There is a setting called ‘The Nuclear Option’, this option ensures that you won’t unblock previously blocked websites until the time that was set is up. This is a good idea for people who get bored easily, and fall through on study plans.
One flaw that I found in this application is how you can’t block things that are not on the web. Like skype, I have downloaded this app to my computer, so it’s no longer a site. Another flaw that I came across is how even when the application takes away your ability to go on certain websites, it doesn’t make you pay attention to your work. There are so many distractions in the world around me, that is more distracting than any website.
If there was one thing that I could change about “Stay Focused” it would be disabling sections of a website. This might not be possible, but it would help for things like Gmail. I need Gmail for my homework, but the chatting on it is very distracting. If the app was able to do this, I would be able to use it much more. Other than distractions that the application can’t fix, it does a really good job on keeping online distractions to a minimum. I will definitely be using this application more.
No comments:
Post a Comment