Wednesday, March 23, 2016

This assignment showed me a lot about design choices, and how it can affect the layout of your design. I chose blue because that is the color of Ask.fm. I thought this certain layout was good because it shows a title, and description, and then a type of bullet pointed list. The title font that I chose was to have a sort of technology feel to it. It shows technology to me because it's lines, and not a lot of curves. I thought this assignment was interesting because it showed me all the problems with social media. During my research, I switched my topic a few times because there are so many important issues on social media that I wanted to do. My research also showed me how many people are affected by social media. I have seen people in my life that were affected in negative ways from the media, but it's informing to see that the whole world has this problem too, and it makes you look beyond you and your friend group. This assignment also forced me to reflect on all the bad things social media brings and not just how fun it is to have Instagram accounts or Facebook. The next time
I log onto social media accounts, I will make sure not to log out of my morals.

Designing this was easier than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be difficult to find things, and that I would have trouble getting done what I wanted to do. This was completely false, I actually found everything easily, and it was no trouble at all to do this. For me, the hardest part was figuring out what I wanted to do. There were so many options, and I really liked a lot of them. Picking the best option for my project was hard too. I was debating between different layouts and I tried to figure out the pros and cons of each layout. I chose the one that I chose because I liked how it's easy to look at. A lot of layouts look a little bit confusing, and like it would be hard to figure out where to put what. The one I chose is easy to keep organized, and it's easy to navigate. For the topic that I picked, I thought the pictures were very affective. I chose a picture that represented what Ask.fm is supposed to look like, what it turned into, the affect it has on people, and reactions. I realized how much layout matters, and how people that see projects are subconsciously affected by the way you make things. This project helped me understand more about social media, and how much I like graphic design.
Creative Commons License



No comments:

Post a Comment